/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”;}
Faculty of Medicine and the Office of Research Services have released the official deadlines & procedures for 2013 September CIHR Operating Grant application. In order to meet Faculty of Medicine & UBC deadlines, please ensure grant application packages are submitted to the Department Administration Office – attention Vicky Yau (email@example.com), by noon, Wednesday, September 4, 2013 for Department review & approval.
For the 2013 September CIHR Operating Grant competition, the Faculty of Medicine (FoM) and the Office of Research Services (ORS) will be using the following procedures/timelines:
- Your application package must be submitted to the Dean’s Office or affiliated hospital research office by Tuesday, September 10th, 2013 for Faculty approval. You have the option of dropping off a paper copy or emailing it to the Faculty signature contact for your site. Note that Bryan Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the contact for Faculty approval for those located at the UBC Point Grey campus. See below for a complete list of the required items.
NOTE: Remember to keep a copy of your co-applicant(s) signatures, or upload your signature pages on to ResearchNet, before submitting your application package.
- Your documents will be printed (if sent by email) and after Faculty approval, taken to ORS.
- Your electronic copy should be submitted via ResearchNet no later than Friday, September 13th, 2013. (This allows you to continue working on the scientific portion of your grant after you have submitted your paper copy for Faculty approval until you submit electronically through ResearchNet on or before September 13th).
- ORS will electronically approve your application via ResearchNet for submission to CIHR.
- If you cannot meet the September 13th deadline for ResearchNet e-submission, ORS will accept your e-submission on ResearchNet up until 10:00am, Monday, September 16th 2013 provided that:
- Required documents were approved by the FoM and submitted to ORS
- Application is complete, including all co-applicant signatures (if any)
TO AVOID SYSTEM ISSUES WHICH MAY CAUSE DELAY IN THE SUBMISSION PROCESS ON THE DEADLINE DAY, YOU ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT EARLY.
Should you submit your documents for Faculty approval after September 10th, 2013, you will not receive a guarantee of administrative review from ORS which includes confirmation of application completeness and requisite signatures.
Required Documents to be submitted to the FoM for the CIHR Operating Grant:
- Completed FoM Grant Cover Sheet (available on our website), including signatures of the Principal Investigator and Department Head
- CIHR Application Details pages 1 & 2 (available as a PDF from ResearchNet – click on “Preview Application Materials” under list of tasks, then on next screen, click on “Preview” to the right of “Application Details” under the heading “Application Materials”).
NOTE: It is critical that you select the UBC code, “CAAA” from the dropdown list to ensure your application is routed to UBC ORS for approval. Do not type a response in this field or select another institution from the dropdown list, or else your application will not be routed to ORS for approval. For the “Location of Project” field, select the institution where the project will take place (e.g., VCHRI, BCCA, etc.).
- CIHR signature pages, including:
- Routing slip
- Signature page for co-applicants (if applicable). The nominated principal applicant does not need to sign on the CIHR signature pages. NOTE: CIHR requires all signature pages to be scanned and uploaded to ResearchNet. As a result, any/all signatures can be faxed, photocopied, or stamped.
- Institution signature page – ORS will approve on ResearchNet, so this page will not be signed and returned to you
- Summary of research proposal page
- “Application for Funding – Budget” pages from CIHR, and budget justification
- In the case of cooperative projects, letters of support or commitment from collaborating companies or institutions
Please also visit the ORS website for the CIHR Operating Grant eSubmission Procedure at http://www.ors.ubc.ca/contents/cihr-operating-grant-esubmission-procedures.
Database Analyst & Grant Applications Officer, Research
Faculty of Medicine, UBC
317-2194 Health Sciences Mall