Oct 5-7, 2014
Target audience: Psychiatrists, Family Physicians, Allied Health Professionals, Residents & Students
Up to 15.0 Mainpro-M1/ MOC Section 1 credits
Register: Click here
Hotel Booking: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/prcp
Top 3 fun things to do in Vancouver!!
- Walk, run or rent bikes to cyclearound Stanley Park’s beautiful Seawallpath for the panoramic views of Vancouver and many beautiful beaches and parks. There are many easy hiking trails within the perimeter which will get you close to some very old trees. An aquarium, horse-drawn tours and waterfront Teahouse are just a few highlights.
- For a view high above the city, head up the gondolaand ski lifts at Grouse Mountain for the Peak Chairlift Ride and Guided Eco-Walks. Soaring to an altitude of 4,100 feet above sea level, the scenic Peak Chairlift will transport you to the apex of Grouse Mountain for spectacular panoramic views of Vancouver and the Pacific Ocean. Want some excitement? Try the Mountain Zip-lines, a dual-line, five-line circuit gives you an adrenaline-pumping tour across the peaks and canyons of Grouse and Dam Mountains and BCs Old Growth Forests.
- The Public Market at Granville Island.Try local produce, seafood and the many desserts Vancouver has to offer. Mingle with the local artisans and residents while you enjoy local musicians. Take a boat tour of False Creek right from the dock for more views on an Aquabus.
2014 Keynote Speakers
- Dr. David S. Goldbloom, FRCPC, Chair of the Mental Health Commission of Canada and a professor of psychiatry at the University of Toronto. Speaking on National Mental Health Strategies & the Role of Mental Health Commissions
- Dr. Laurence Kirmayer, FRCPC, is James McGill Professor and Director, Division of Social and Transcultural Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University. Speaking on Indigenous & Other Models of Cultural Care Therapy
- Dr. Francis G. Lu, Luke & Grace Kim Endowed Professor in Cultural Psychiatry, Director of Cultural Psychiatry, and Associate Chair for Medical Student Education in the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at the University of California, Davis.
Speaking on Model of Cultural Mental Health Care
- Dr. Vikram Patel, MSc MRCPsych PhD FmedSci, is a Professor of International Mental Health and Welcome Trust Senior Research Fellow in Clinical Science at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (UK). Speaking on Grand Challenges Focusing on Mental Health, and also International Research Collaboration & Mental Health Development for Grand Challenges
- Dr. Norman Sartorius, MA, DPM, PhD, FRCPsych, President of the International Association for the Promotion of Mental Health Programmes and President of the Board of the Prize of Geneva Foundation. Speaking on Global Psychiatry, Research in East Asia Psychotropic Prescriptions Symposium Antipsychotic Study, and Mental health Services 2014: Challenges and Perspectives
Be Sure to Book your Hotel Rooms Soon!
Discount hotel rooms available at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Book online before Sept 4th or call 1.800.257.7544 and mention “PRCP 2014”.
- The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is known as the ‘Castle in the City’ and reflects the timeless luxury of Canada’s iconic railway hotels. It was awarded Four Stars in 2014.
- Located just steps from Vancouver’s business, shopping and entertainment district, it is the perfect place to enjoy Vancouver’s vibrant atmosphere.
- The Roof Restaurant & Bar features beautiful city views, live entertainment and perfectly crafted cocktails.
We look forward to seeing you in October!
Dr. Soma Ganesan and Dr. Hiram Mok (2014 Conference Co-Chairs)
& the PRCP Local Organizing Committee
Please see attached
Questions? Contact us:
Conference Secretariat: Division of Continuing Professional Development
UBC Faculty of Medicine
The University of British Columbia
855 W 10th Ave, Vancouver BC, V5Z 1L7, CANADA
Tel: +1(604) 875-5101
Fax: +1(604) 875-5078
PRCP Website: www.prcp2014.org
Register Online: https://events.ubccpd.ca/website/index/110193
Hotel Booking: https://aws.passkey.com/event/4736433/owner/2071/home