Weather forecasts are showing a possibility of snow next week in the Vancouver area. We are writing to remind Department members about the University’s Policy, Dean’s Office Policy and Department Policy about Disruption of Classes/Services due to Weather.
Please see the following resources:
– UBC Department Sever Weather Policy – http://psychiatry.ubc.ca/files/2012/04/Severe_Weather5701.pdf
– Faculty of Medicine – Dean’s Office Policy – https://mednet.med.ubc.ca/AboutUs/PoliciesAndGuidelines/Policies%20%20Guidelines/Snow%20Closure%20Information.pdf
– UBC Policy #68 – Disruption of Classes/Services by Snow – http://www.universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2010/08/policy68.pdf
Emergency info and Messaging
• Risk Management Services operates UBC Alerts at Point Grey, where emergency messages can be sent your mobile phone – please click the link for instructions to sign up.
• Similar services are available at other program Faculty of Medicine program sites:
o IMP (UVic) – http://www.uvic.ca/services/emergency/home/procedures/alerts/
o NMP (UNBC) – http://www.unbc.ca/safety/advisories
o SMP (UBCO) – http://emergency.ok.ubc.ca/welcome.html