Community and Workplace Engagement
- The 2015-16 Focus on People Benchmark Report is now available.
- The UBC community is invited to the Sexual Assault Policy information sessions, on Sept. 20 and Oct. 13 at the Vancouver campus.
- Thanks so much to everyone who came out to the 14th Annual UBC Staff Welcome Back BBQ! Fill out our feedback survey, and check out some fun tweets from the day.
- Check out this week’s installment in the Learning with Lynda.com series: Avoid the Pitfalls of Micromanagement.
- We are half-way through the UBC Staff Professional Development Funds claim year, and staff are encouraged to look into these funds as a way to pursue professional development opportunities to advance their careers.
Health & Wellbeing
- The start of a new school year can be exciting, yet it can also be a stressful time for faculty and staff. UBC has a number of helpful resources you can use to help you manage your stress.
- QPR Training is an internationally recognized suicide prevention program. Our next QPR training session is Sept. 22, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- If you are interested in exploring mindfulness as a way to increase your resiliency at work, this fall we are holding the 30-Day Online Mindfulness Challenge and the Six-Week Mindfulness at Work program.