Many of you may have received a phishing message with the subject line: “Your UBC email account is on restriction”. Please delete it, without clicking the link. Please do not reply to the poor alumni who’s e-mail account has been used as the reply address.
**The message is attempting to trick you into providing CWL credentials via a cloned (looks like the real thing) CWL web page. **
More details about the phishing message have been posted on the bulletins site: https://bulletins.it.ubc.ca/archives/29350.
In the meantime, here are few key tips:
- Be cautious of messages threatening to shut down email services due to quota limits.
- Be cautious of messages stating that there is change in payroll or the payroll schedule.
- Be cautious of messages claiming that an invoice has not been paid, which have a Word or Excel file attached.
- Be wary of any unsolicited messages containing attachments or links.
- If you think a message is malicious then forward it to email@example.com.