To: Faculty, Residents, Graduate Students, Fellows and Interns of the Department of Psychiatry
RE: Departmental Research Day Thursday May 25th, 2017
We are pleased to announce that the 32nd Annual University of British Columbia Department of Psychiatry Research Day will be held on Thursday May 25th at the Life Sciences Centre, UBC Campus. This event’s main objectives will be to showcase research being conducted within the Department and to allow an opportunity for research networking and collaboration across sites, disciplines and experience levels. This will be accomplished via oral and poster presentations followed by a wine and cheese reception.
Faculty, Residents, Graduate Students, Undergraduate Students, Fellows and Interns are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations. Each abstract should contain the following:
- Descriptive Title (Maximum 15 words). Please state whether it is Basic or Clinical Research
- Presenter’s Name – with identification as a Resident, Graduate Student, Fellow, Intern, etc.
- UBC Faculty Sponsor’s Name and Location (Required for non-faculty)
- Structured abstract of no more than 200 words, including the following five sections: introduction, methods, results, conclusion and relevance/implications.
- A brief statement regarding potential current or future clinical relevance of this work (maximum 50 words).
- Indication of whether the submission is for an oral (10 minutes with 5 minutes for questions) or a poster presentation, and if the alternative option is acceptable.
For oral presentations by non-faculty members, the sponsoring faculty member will be asked to provide a brief introduction of the study topic by highlighting both relevance and clinical implications to the field of psychiatry.
A total of four awards will be presented to non-faculty Research Day participants, with each awardee receiving a certificate and a cash prize of $500. The award categories include those for trainees providing basic science oral, basic science poster, clinical oral and clinical poster presentations. Trainee winners will be selected from each category by a panel of UBC Faculty member judges.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is May 8st at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your abstracts to Corinne Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org