The criteria for promotion are outlined in the Faculty of Medicine’s Clinical Faculty Policy. The criteria have been developed by clinical faculty with a view to increase the requirements for promotion as you move through the academic ranks, with an emphasis on teaching.
A request for promotion is initiated by the Clinical Faculty member and the application for promotion must include the following:
- Signed letter from the applicant explaining the rationale for the request and how you meet the relevant criteria for the rank sought (see link above).
- Typed up-to-date CV in UBC format
- A teaching dossier showing evidence of teaching excellence. Please see attached Teaching_Dossier guidelines from the Faculty of Medicine. Attached is the suggested Departmental coversheet of documents recquired for the teacing dossier. Word PDF
- Clinical Faculty Annual Report for the current year.
- Application for promotion form completed by your Division Head and/or Hospital Head, whomever is most familiar with your work. Please use the appropriate form for the rank you are requesting – they are provided here:
Microsoft Word versions
PDF (Acrobat) versions
Promotion case files are requested in electronic format (preferred) or hard copy and should be submitted to: Margaret Koshi, Assistant HR Manager, Faculty Appointments , Department of Psychiatry, Administration Office 2C1-2255 Wesbrook Mall email@example.com
The annual deadline for application for promotion is October 1. Applications are reviewed by the Clinical Faculty Appointments Committee in a series of meetings in the Fall, and if approved are submitted to the Faculty of Medicine in the Spring and then the Provost for approval. All approved promotion applications become effective nine months later on July 1.
If you are unable to retrieve the forms you need, or have questions about the process, please contact Margaret Koshi at 604-822-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org