University of British Columbia Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, Vancouver General Hospital, GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre & St. Paul’s Hospital Sites
This CPA accredited VCHA Residency Program provides evidence based training in clinical psychology with a strong scientist-practitioner orientation. The program emphasizes both breadth and depth of clinical training experiences during the residency year within the purview of promoting the ongoing development of autonomous professional psychologists
This is accomplished through the articulation of the following goals:
- Assist the resident in acquiring and interpreting professional knowledge, skills and to function in an ethical manner.
- To gain competence in both assessment and intervention across a variety of modalities
- To further promote competency of practice based on the acquisition and implementation of evidence-based psychological principles in concert with breadth and depth of clinical training.
- To appreciate the role of individual and cultural differences and diversity in psychological phenomena.
- To encourage personal growth and professional identity.
- Training in provision of consultation in interdisciplinary settings.
- To facilitate the integration of research in their professional role.
- When possible, to provide opportunities to supervise junior clinicians.
For further information regarding applications and the Psychology Residency Program, please see the Clinical Psychology Residency Brochure 2013 2014 or contact:
Dr. Theo De Gagné, R.Psych.
Psychology Practice Leader, Vancouver Coastal Health, Acute and Community
Director of Clinical Training, Clinical Psychology Residency Program
Adjunct Professor, Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia
Clinical Instructor, Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia
CACBT-ACTCC-Certified in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Psychology Regional Workshop on Clinical Supervision: Enhancing Competencies in Clinical Supervision with Dr. Elizabeth Church, R.Psych.