THE LINK – FEBRUARY 2012: Here are just some of the news and events of interest this month. For a complete list, visit The Link online at: www.med.ubc.ca/faculty_staff/The_Link_Monthly_Bulletin.htm.
– Academic appointment announcements
– Leadership opportunities available
– Read the new MD Undergraduate Curriculum Renewal bulletin
– Call for Applications: Foreign Government Awards – France
– Call for Applications: Medical Illustrator Internship
– Faculty of Medicine Research at 2012 AAAS Annual Meeting in Vancouver
– Call for Nominations: 2012 UBC President’s Service Award for Excellence
– Call for Proposals: UBC Equity Enhancement Fund
February 13 – 17: Molecular Biology Workshops
SAVE THE DATE
March 6 (Vancouver) & 7 (Okanagan): Workplace Experiences Survey Town Halls
March 18: UBC Medical and Dental Spring Gala
March 29: The 1st Norman Bethune Symposium
May 14: The Eighth D. Harold Copp Lecture
– UBC research links two common drug types to night-time leg cramps
– One in ten Canadians cannot afford prescription drugs: UBC study
– Faculty member receives grant from Novo Nordisk to study potential cause of obesity
– eHealth Knowledge Studio opens at UBC Hospital
– UBC Southern Medical Program’s inaugural class begins studies
– Anthony Tang receives CIHR-CMAJ Top Achievements in Health Research Award
– James A. McEwen named to the Order of Canada
– Canada Research Chairs: Internal Faculty of Medicine competition: Deadline February 10
– Summer Student Research Project: Internal Faculty of Medicine competition: Deadline February 10
– CIHR Operating Grant: Internal Deadline February 24
– Killam Graduate Teaching Assistant Awards: Internal Deadline March 12
– Bluma Tischler Postdoctoral Fellowship: Internal Deadline March 30
The awards (for both faculty and staff) recognize exemplary and distinguished activities/service to the UBC Faculty of Medicine. The deadlines range from February 3, 2012 to March 9, 2012. Please see the website for full details of each award and nomination forms.
Please see the specific distribution required below:
– Department, School & Centre Administrators/Assistants/Communicators: This message has been sent directly to all faculty and staff members and the MD undergraduate student listserv. Please forward this message to health professional students and trainees in your units.
– MD Postgraduate Education office: Please forward this message to residents.
– Research secretary, Faculty of Medicine Dean’s Office: Please forward to contact for all postdoctoral and graduate students.
Faculty of Medicine | Dean’s Office
The University of British Columbia
#317 – 2194 Health Sciences Mall | Vancouver, BC | V6T 1Z3
(T) 604.822.2421 | (F) 604.822.6061 | med.ubc.ca