Hi everyone – just a quick update. Great discussion of The Virgin Suicides on Monday.
– Our next Meeting will be Monday Feb 18th at 7:15 PM at in the William C. Gibson Room, Graham House in Green College.
– Book to be discussed on is the first draft of a manuscript by Anne Stone. Anne is a a local author (see http://annestone.net/bio/ ) and will be joining us in person to discuss her manuscript and to receive feedback from readers who are also mental health experts. Anne’s manuscript has already been circulated but contact me if you need me to reforward a PDF. Stay tuned for details from Robin for suggestions as to how to critique Anne’s work.
-The Book Club blog can be found at https://blogs.ubc.ca/lucid/ Please note that Robin Evans, our co-facilitator from the UBC Creative Writing program will let us know when her posts about the upcoming book are uploaded onto the Blog site
– Future dates/books as follows:
March 18 — Tangles by Sarah Leavitt (Special Guest, Sarah Leavitt)
April 15 — We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
May 20 — Human Traces by Sebastian Faulks
June 17 — Atmospheric Disturbances by Rikva Galchen
– If you have colleagues that you work with who you would like to invite, please encourage them to join us!
– Dinner at Green College details – see http://blogs.ubc.ca/lucid/catering/
– The monthly meetings are now be an accredited group learning activity.
NEW GUIDELINE – Feel free to bring modest snacks!
Harry Karlinsky, MD, MSc, FRCPC
Coordinator of Medical Education/Professional Development, Richmond Mental Health Services; Medical Director, BC Physician Integration Program, UBCCPD; Clinical Professor and Director of Public Education, UBC Dept of Psychiatry
2nd Floor Doctor’s Offices, Westminster Tower
7000 Westminster Hwy
Richmond, BC V6X 1A2
phone: 604-2789711 Local 4112
fax: 604-2784819 <http://www.rhpsychiatry.com/>