Hi everyone – here’s the monthly update on behalf of the UBC Dept of Psychiatry “Lucid” Book Club,
- Great discussion last week with Sarah Leavitt — author/illustrator of Tangles, A Story About Alzheimer¹s, My Mother and Me. The feedback we received was that folks want more readings/discussions with authors! So if you know of local writers who have recently published a work with a mental health theme, please let us know.
- Breaking news! We’re just made arrangements for CP Boyko to join us for our May reading (this will be May 13th). Craig will be discussing his recently published book Psychology and Other Stories – “a brilliant study of mental illness, mental health, and the people who try to tell them apart.” Just recently nominated for the 2013 Ethel Wilson Fiction Prize!
- Our April book is Lionel Shriver’s We Need to Talk About Kevin. We meet Monday April 15th at 7:15 PM in the William C. Gibson Room,Graham House in UBC Green College
- For those interested, further details about The Lucid Book Club can be found at https://blogs.ubc.ca/lucid/ Robin will give us a heads-up when her comments about We Need to talk About Kevin are posted on the blog.
- UBC Bookstore will ensure relevant books are available for purchase
- Dinner beforehand at Green College begins at 6:15 PM. Details – see http://blogs.ubc.ca/lucid/catering/
- If you have colleagues that you work with who you would like to invite, please encourage them to join us!
- This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Supported by the Institute of Mental Health and Green College, UBC
Harry Karlinsky, MD, MSc, FRCPC
Coordinator of Medical Education/Professional Development, Richmond Mental Health Services;
Medical Director, BC Physician Integration Program, UBC CPD; Clinical Professor and Director of Public Education, UBC Dept of Psychiatry