CIHR has posted the funding details for the September 2013 Operating Grant and the Priority Announcements (Specific Research Areas)
Please note that announcement on Departmental timeline will be coming shortly
There will be another funding opportunity launch on July 9, 2013 which will include the following competitions:
* New Investigator Salary Award: 2013-2014
* New Investigator Salary Award: Fall 2013 Priority Announcement (Specific Research Areas)
The following are useful resources available to help you prepare your application:
- Faculty of Medicine Grant Development
- SPARC Internal Review
Faculty of Medicine Grant Development (GD)
The Faculty of Medicine’s Grant Development Office (GDO) provides assistance with organization, writing, and presentation of grant applications.
What are the ADVANTAGES of using GD?
1) The GDO will help organize your research ideas and provide substantive editing of your proposal.
2) The GDO will help you develop manageable timelines to prepare the numerous application components and provide helpful tips on proposal preparation.
3) Use of GD helps to reduce rush and stress to submit an outstanding application by the competition deadline.
The goal of the GDO is to help increase the competitiveness of your proposal in the rigorous CIHR review process.
N.B. The onus is on the researcher to register and submit all required documents by the deadlines outlined in the attached timelines. Researchers who fail to meet the requirements may be ineligible to receive GD.
Why does the GDO impose strict deadlines and requirements?
- To enhance quality of service for researchers who are able to meet our requirements;
- To focus our energies where the impact will be greatest (e.g., new faculty submissions and highly ranked resubmissions); and
- To manage limited resources in a transparent, realistic, and sustainable way.
Register early for GD. The deadline is July 22nd, 2013 (see attached PDF files).
UBC, Point Grey, and VCHRI
- Dr. Elizabeth Cheu, Manager, Research Grant Development Office; Tel: 604-822-2327; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CFRI only (Please note the deadlines and attached timelines may not apply. CFRI applicants should contact the Research & Technology Development Office as soon as possible to discuss proposal development/review.)
- Dr. Dawn McArthur, Head, Research & Technology Development; email@example.com
- Dr. Tamara English, Senior Research Development Facilitator; firstname.lastname@example.org
SPARC Internal Review (IR)
SPARC IR matches proposals to appropriate UBC investigators who will provide peer review of the scientific content of the proposals.
- Christy McTait (email@example.com; 604-827-5615)
Elizabeth Cheu, Ph.D.
Manager, Research Grant Development | Medicine | Dean’s Office, Research
The University of British Columbia | Point Grey, Woodward Instructional Resource Centre
317- 2194 Health Sciences Mall | Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z3
Phone 604 822 2327 | Fax 604 822 6061