- Globalink 2014 Faculty Application
- Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowships
- Mitacs-Accelerate Program
- Summer CME Workshops: Island & Wine Country
Globalink 2014 Faculty Application
Deadline: July 31, 2013
Mitacs (a national research network with its main office located at the University of British Columbia) is now accepting professor applications for Mitacs Globalink projects: an opportunity to host a top-ranked international student over a 10 to 12 week summer project (2014). Some of the features of this program, as recently highlighted on Global TV – Calgary News, are:
- Mitacs Globalink funds travel, accommodation and stipends.
- Faculty members benefit from students’ international perspectives and experience.
- An opportunity to preview a potential future graduate student from India, China, Brazil, Mexico, Vietnam and Turkey.
- Student applications are handled by Mitacs and matched with professors.
- Globalink students who wish to return for graduate studies may be eligible for a substantial stipend (only available at participating universities)
The submission deadline is July 31, 2013.
Deadline: September 19, 2013
- Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowships fund PhDs conducting research with industrial partners.
- Fellowships consist of a 3 year peer-reviewed research project supported with $30,000 annually.
- This program is open to all PhDs regardless of nationality, enrolled at a Mitacs full or associate partner university. For a list of eligible full and associate partner universities, please visit our website (http://www.mitacs.ca/about/academic-partners).
- For more information, please visit http://www.mitacs.ca/funding-opportunities or contact your local Mitacs Representative.
Deadline: Applications accepted throughout the year
- Funding available through Mitacs Accelerate to collaborate with industry on research or development-focused projects
- Projects undertaken by grad students and post-docs from ALL disciplines
- Applications accepted throughout the year
Summer CME Workshops: Island & Wine Country
Join us for a case-based evening breast cancer workshop in Penticton or Victoria on July 10th. Please note that space is limited, so if you are interested, please register early. These small, interactive 2-hour workshops will provide BC family physicians with a better understanding of their roles and best practices across the breast cancer care continuum. The Cancer Care Outreach Program on Education (CCOPE) is proudly brought to you by UBC CPD in partnership with the BCCA and FPON.
Target audience: Family physicians. We also welcome Specialists, Allied Health Professionals, Residents & Medical Students
July 10 (Wed) 1745-2000
Cost: $35 (register online and save $10), includes a light dinner & course material
Poplar Grove Winery – Vanilla Pod Restaurant, Penticton BC
Facilitator: Dr. Wendy Ross
Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria BC
Facilitator:Dr. Taryl Felhaber
Current screening recommendations & guidelines
Appropriate diagnostic procedures
Main treatment options & their potential side-effects
Ongoing management and follow-up of breast cancer patients.
Accreditation:Up to 2.0 Mainpro M1/ MOC Section 1/ AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™