Dear Clinical Teachers,
The Office of Faculty Development is pleased to invite you to the following workshop. This program is FREE to all UBC academic and clinical faculty, residents and graduate students in the Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry, and the Schools of Rehabilitation Sciences and Audiology & Speech Sciences. We recommend you register early to secure your spot as space is limited. Please visit our website for more teaching resources and information on our programs and services.
We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!
Do You Know What Your Learners Are Doing?
A Guide to Observation
• Discuss the role of observation and feedback in teaching and learning.
• How to integrate direct observation into a busy clinical setting.
Is Your Feedback Helping?
• Tips for providing effective feedback
• Providing SMART goals for your leaners
• Practice using the ‘Field Note’ to provide formative feedback from direct observation
The Faculty Development Team
Office of Faculty Development & Educational Support
Faculty of Medicine
DHCC – 11th Floor, Rm 11223
2775 Laurel Street
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9
Fax: 604-875-5611 (Attn: Faculty Development)