Dr. Janice Eng, UBC’s Health Research Coordinator and CIHR Delegate, will be hosting the following five information sessions at UBC Point Grey and the academic hospital campuses in January 2014.
- Monday, January 13, 2014 @ UBC:
- 9 am to 12 pm; Room 102 (Lecture Theatre), Michael Smith Labs, 2185 East Mall; no registration required
- Thursday, January 16, 2014 @ VGH:
- 1 to 4 pm; Jim Pattison Pavilion; to register, go to http://vchri.ca/cihr-reforms-info-session-2014
- Wednesday, January 22, 2014 @ CFRI:
- 1 to 4 pm; Room 2108, Child & Family Research Institute; no registration required
- Friday, January 24, 2014 @ SPH:
- 11:30am to 2 pm; St. Paul’s Hospital, New Lecture Theatre, Conference Centre; no registration required
- Wednesday, January 29, 2014 @ UBC:
- 1 to 4 pm; Room 102 (Lecture Theatre), Michael Smith Labs, 2185 East Mall; no registration required
These CIHR Reforms Information Sessions are intended for:
- UBC researchers who would like to understand the new CIHR funding opportunities (1st competition deadline is Fall 2014);
- UBC researchers who wish to apply for CIHR grants through the new Foundation or Project Schemes;
- UBC researchers currently funded by CIHR who would like to understand their options in terms of early renewal of current Open Operating Grants, potential funding gaps and the transitional programs; and
- Research support staff and administrators.
Note: Grant writing tips specific to the March 2014 Open Operating Grant competition will not be discussed at this session (refer to CIHR Operating Grant Workshop announcement for separate event details).
Questions? Contact Christy McTait.