2014 March CIHR Operating Grant Competition – Department timeline:
Please ensure grant application packages are submitted to the Department Administration Office – attention Vicky Yau (email@example.com), by noon, Monday, February 17, 2014 for Department review & approval.
For the 2014 March CIHR Operating Grant competition, the Faculty of Medicine (FoM) has agreed with the Office of Research Services (ORS) on the following procedures/timelines:
- Your application package must be submitted to the Dean’s Office or affiliated hospital research office by Thursday, February 20th, 2014 for Faculty approval. You have the option of dropping off a paper copy or emailing it to the Faculty signature contact for your site. Note that Bryan Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the contact for Faculty approval for those located at the UBC Point Grey campus. See below for a complete list of the required items.
NOTE: These documents will not be returned to you as they will be taken to ORS, who will approve your application on ResearchNet.
- Your documents will be printed (if sent by email) and after Faculty approval, taken to ORS.
- Your application must be submitted via ResearchNet no later than 4:30pm on Thursday, February 27th, 2014.
Applications submitted on ResearchNet after February 27 at 4:30pm will be assessed a $100 processing fee.
- ORS will electronically approve your application via ResearchNet for submission to CIHR.
Please remember that you can continue working on your research proposal up until you submit on ResearchNet on February 27th (at the latest), even after you have submitted your application package for review.
To avoid system issues which may cause delay in the submission process on the deadline day, you are highly encouraged to submit early. While ORS makes best efforts to submit all applications on time and to facilitate support for our research community, applications submitted on ResearchNet after February 27th will not receive a guarantee of administrative review from ORS which includes confirmation of application completeness and requisite signatures.
Required Documents to be submitted to the FoM for the CIHR Operating Grant:
- Completed Research Project Information Form including the following signatures:
- the Principal Investigator
- Department Head or School Director
- Research Centre Director (if using research space within a Senate-Approved Research Centre, identified with an asterisk on the Academic & Research units page)
- Life Sciences Institute Director (if using research space within the Life Sciences Building, but excludes researchers using space within the Centre for Blood Research)
- CIHR Application Details pages 1 & 2 (available as a PDF from ResearchNet – click on “Preview Application Materials” under list of tasks, then on next screen, click on “Preview” to the right of “Application Details” under the heading, “Application Materials”).
NOTE: It is critical that you select the UBC code, “CAAA” from the dropdown list to ensure your application is routed to UBC ORS for approval. Do not type a response in this field or select another institution from the dropdown list, or else your application will not be routed to ORS for approval. For the “Location of Project” field, select the institution where the project will take place (e.g., VCHRI, BCCA, etc.).
- CIHR signature pages, including:
- Routing slip
- Signature page for co-applicants (if applicable). The nominated principal applicant does not need to sign on the CIHR signature pages. NOTE: CIHR requires all signature pages to be scanned and uploaded to ResearchNet. As a result, any/all signatures can be faxed, photocopied, or stamped.
- Institution signature page – ORS will approve on ResearchNet, so this page will not be signed and returned to you
Please visit the ORS website for the CIHR Operating Grant eSubmission Procedure at http://www.ors.ubc.ca/contents/cihr-operating-grant-esubmission-procedures.