Faculty of Medicine and the Office of Research Services has released the official deadlines & procedures for CIHR Foundation Scheme: 2014 1st Live Pilot – Stage 1 application procedures and timelines. In order to meet Faculty of Medicine & UBC deadlines, please ensure grant application packages are submitted to the Department Administration Office – attention Vicky Yau (firstname.lastname@example.org), by noon, Wednesday, September 3, 2014 for Department review & approval.
For the Stage 1 application to CIHR’s Foundation Scheme: 2014 1st Live Pilot competition, the Faculty of Medicine (FoM) has agreed with the Office of Research Services (ORS) on the following procedures/timelines:
- Your application package must be submitted to the Dean’s Office or affiliated hospital research office by Monday, September 8th, 2014 for Faculty approval. You have the option of dropping off a paper copy or emailing it to the Faculty signature contact for your site. Note that Bryan Wong (email@example.com) is the contact for Faculty approval for those located at the UBC Point Grey campus. See below for a complete list of the required items.
NOTE: These documents will not be returned to you as they will be taken to ORS, who will approve your application on ResearchNet.
- Your documents will be printed (if sent by email) and after Faculty approval, taken to ORS.
- Your application must be submitted via ResearchNet no later than 8:30am on Monday, September 15th, 2014.
- ORS will electronically approve your application via ResearchNet for submission to CIHR.
Please remember that you can continue working on your research proposal up until you submit on ResearchNet on September 15th, even after you have submitted your application package for Faculty approval.
To avoid system issues which may cause delay in the submission process on the deadline day, you are highly encouraged to submit early. While ORS makes best efforts to submit all applications on time and to facilitate support for our research community, application packages submitted for faculty approval after September 8th may not receive a guarantee of administrative review from ORS which includes confirmation of application completeness.
Required Documents to be submitted to the FoM for the CIHR Foundation Scheme competition:
- Completed Research Project Information Form (RPIF) including the following signatures:
- the Principal Investigator
- Department Head or School Director
- Research Centre Director (if using research space within a Senate-Approved Research Centre, identified with an asterisk on the Academic & Research units page)
- Life Sciences Institute Director (if using research space within the Life Sciences Building, but excluding those using space within the Centre for Blood Research)
- List of other Program Leaders and their Department/School, attached as a separate sheet to RPIF (if applicable)
- Include Program Leader’s institution (if not UBC)
- CIHR Full Application, including the following sections:
- CIHR Application Details
- Significance of contributions
- Vision and Program Direction
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Vicky Yau at the Department (firstname.lastname@example.org ), or Bryan Wong at the FoM (email@example.com), or Donna Lei (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sara Yuen (email@example.com) at ORS.