To members of the UBC community:
I am writing to inform you that a global search for a suitable candidate for the position of UBC Vice President, Finance (VP Finance) is now underway.
The VP Finance, reporting to the President, provides strategic leadership to the Finance portfolio to accomplish the vision, commitments, goals, and actions of the University’s Strategic Plan. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the areas of Finance, Treasury and Risk Management Services across both campuses, as well as overseeing the University’s relationship with related entities such as the UBC Investment Management Trust and UBC Properties Trust. For a link to the position description and information about the recruitment process, please visit:
The Finance portfolio has been separated from that of Resources and Operations to ensure that the next VP Finance focuses fully on the financial affairs of our University. Decisions on the Resources and Operations portfolio have not been made at this time and interim arrangements under the VP Human Resources will continue into the new year.
I have established a committee to support this search process and prepare a recommendation of a suitable candidate for the VP Finance. In addition to myself as Chair, the committee consists of:
– Joaquin Acevedo (Student)
– William Dunford (Faculty of Applied Science)
– Michael Evans (Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Science)
– David Farrar (Provost and VP Academic, UBCV)
– Robert Helsley (Dean, Sauder School of Business)
– Jagmeet Khabra (Student)
– Alice Laberge (Board of Governors)
– Greg Peet (Board of Governors)
– Kate Ross (UBC Associate Vice-President, Enrollment Services and Registrar)
– Peter Smailes (UBC Finance)
– Frances Yip (UBC Finance)
I look forward to providing additional updates on our search as it progresses.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like to suggest a candidate, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com
President and Vice-Chancellor
UBC a place of mind
For more information about the UBC broadcast e-mail service, please visit: