This message is intended for all faculty members and staff in the Faculty of Medicine.
THE LINK – DECEMBER 2014: Here are just some of the news and events of interest this month. For a complete list, visit MedNet: mednet.med.ubc.ca.
– Recent Appointment Announcements
– Director or Co-Directors, Brain Research Centre and Centre for Brain Health
– Director, Chronic Disease Prevention Program
– Assistant Dean, Graduate and Postdoctoral Education
– Assistant Dean, Student Affairs, Southern Medical Program
– Watch the Full Faculty Meeting
– Preparing for Winter Weather Conditions
– Call for Nominations – 2015 Faculty of Medicine Awards
– BCMD10: Celebrating 10 years of training more doctors for B.C.
SAVE THE DATE
Jan 21: WordPress Training
Jan 22: Mainpro-C Routine HIV Testing in Family Practice
Mar 3: CHSPR 2015 27th Annual Health Policy Conference
Mar 6: HIV Management in Family Practice
Apr 25-28: Canadian Conference on Medical Education 2015
May 11: Full Faculty Meeting
NEWS & HONOURS
– Shelina Babul wins the Prevention and Awareness Award
– Wan Lam wins 2014 UBC Killam Award for Excellence in Graduate Student Mentoring
– Companionship and exercise two main ingredients of Walk n’ Talk for your Life
– Michael Hayden receives Honourary Doctorate
– Physical Therapy’s first Northern and Rural Cohort crosses finish line
– Faculty of Medicine wins three grants from Alzheimer’s grant program
– Celebrating 10 years of training more doctors for B.C.
– UBC Master of Occupational Therapy class earns top spot in 2014 gOT Spirit Challenge
– Hunting the genes that cause rare diseases
– The hazards of safe playgrounds
– Garey Mazowita named President of the College of Family Physicians of Canada
– Parmjit Sohal named Family Physician of the Year for B.C.
– A UBC faculty member on the front lines of the Ebola epidemic
– Stories of hope behind bars
– Advocating for Aboriginal health
Faculty of Medicine | Dean’s Office
The University of British Columbia
#317 – 2194 Health Sciences Mall | Vancouver, BC | V6T 1Z3
(T) 604.822.2421 | (F) 604.822.6061 | med.ubc.ca
Twitter: @UBCmedicine | Facebook: /UBCmed