- There is a new phishing scam targeting university employees and their payroll accounts. We have information about the attack and ways for UBC employees to keep their information secure (and what steps to take if you suspect your account has been compromised).
- Equity and Inclusion is inviting proposals for one-time funding for initiatives that will significantly contribute to the enhancement of equity and diversity at UBC.
- University Counsel has issued an update around the “Notice and Notice” part of the Canadian Copyright Act that came into effect Jan. 2, 105.
- On Jan. 29, UBC President Professor Arvind Gupta will host his first Twitter Town Hall. The UBC community is invited to take part.
- The next campus-wide Orientation at the Vancouver campus will be held Feb. 19, for new staff.
- Faculty and staff are invited to take part in a free Zumba course on Jan. 27, at 11am in the SRC.
- Jan. 28 is UBC’s Suicide Awareness Day, an opportunity to bring awareness to the UBC community regarding suicide prevention by educating students, staff and faculty on the resources available on campus.