Preferred Name In HRMS Via Your Self-Service Portal:
- It is now possible to add a preferred name to your HRMS records in Self-Service.
- The preferred name is optional and is in addition to a legal name.
- All administrative systems must contain a legal name for Government and Banking requirements.
- All documents such as appointments, direct deposit, T4’s, Benefits and TD1 require a legal name.
- The preferred name will only be used for social reference/contact purposes.
- To add a preferred name, sign-on to Self-Service and click on the ‘Personal Summary’ hyperlink in the ‘myPersonal Info’ section.
- Click on ‘Add/Edit Preferred Name’ at the top of the page to add your preferred name.
If you have questions or encounter a problem: