Updates for Summer 2015 as of January 12, 2015:
- Work Learn hourly wages are tied to CUPE 116, CUPE 2950, BCGEU Child Care, and M&P hourly wages. The University is currently undergoing negotiations with the various bargaining units and the hourly wage rates in the Summer 2015 Position Classification Guide will likely change once new agreements have been ratified.
- AAPS has ratified a new agreement and Work Learn positions that are tied to AAPS wages will receive a general wage increase of 1% effective July 1, 2015.
- A tentative deal between the University and BCGEU Child Care has been reached and members will be voting on January 12 whether to accept the deal.
- The University is still undergoing bargaining with CUPE 116 and CUPE 2950.
- Please note the effective date of the salary adjustments for M&P hourly wages and budget accordingly. Retroactive payments will not be made. Updated hourly wage rates for Work Learn positions will be provided once the information becomes available to us.
- As supervisors of student employees, you are responsible for arranging online bullying and harassment training for each person under your supervision (including yourself). Take the 15-20 minute online training session “Toward a Respectful Workplace – Preventing and Addressing Workplace Bullying & Harassment”.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Work Learn Office:
Program Assistant, Workplace Learning