To: Faculty, Residents, Graduate Students, Fellows and Interns
Department of Psychiatry
From: Dr. Evelyn Stewart and Dr. Jeremy Seamans
RE: Departmental Research Day 2015
We are pleased to announce that the 30th Annual University of British Columbia Department of Psychiatry Research Day will be held on Thursday, June 18th 2015, at the Life Sciences Centre, UBC Campus. This event’s main objectives will be to showcase research being conducted within the Department and to allow an opportunity for research networking and collaboration across sites, disciplines and experience levels. This will be accomplished via oral and poster presentations followed by a wine and cheese reception.
Faculty, Residents, Graduate Students, Undergraduate Students, Fellows and Interns are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations. Each abstract should contain the following:
- Descriptive Title (Maximum 15 words)
- Presenter’s Name – with identification as a Resident, Graduate Student, Fellow, Intern, etc.
- Faculty Sponsor’s Name and Location (Required for non-faculty)
- Structured abstract of no more than 200 words, including the following five sections: introduction, methods, results, conclusion and relevance/implications.
- A brief statement regarding potential current or future clinical relevance of this work (maximum 50 words).
- Indication of whether the submission is for an oral (10 minutes with 5 minutes for questions) or a poster presentation, and if the alternative option is acceptable.
For oral presentations by non-faculty members, the sponsoring faculty member will be asked to provide a brief introduction of the study topic by highlighting both relevance and clinical implications to the field of psychiatry.
A total of four awards will be presented to non-faculty Research Day participants, with each awardee receiving a certificate and a cash prize of $500. The award categories include those for trainees providing basic science oral, basic science poster, clinical oral and clinical poster presentations. Trainee winners will be selected from each category by a panel of UBC Faculty member judges.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is June 5th 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your abstracts to Corinne Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org