2015 CAGP Annual Scientific Meeting
Call for Abstract Submission
The Spectrum of Geriatric Psychiatry: From Prevention to Palliation
September 30, 2015 • Hyatt Regency, Vancouver
The Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry (CAGP) is looking forward to welcoming you to the 24th CAGP Annual Scientific Meeting: The Spectrum of Geriatric Psychiatry: From Prevention to Palliation. The meeting will be held this year in Vancouver at the Hyatt Regency, September 30th, 2015 immediately preceding the Canadian Psychiatry Association conference.
We are pleased to announce that abstract submission for concurrent oral paper presentation, poster presentation, workshop, symposium, clinical case study presentation and resident session is now open! This year we are introducing a new category for Clinical Case Presentations.
There are 5 categories of abstract submission preference. The ASM meeting organizing committee may make decisions on the format of the presentation. All submission abstracts must be submitted in the standardized format irrespective of presentation preference. The maximum word count is 250 words. All presentation categories require three learning objectives. All submissions will be peer reviewed.
Oral Presentation: Oral and poster abstracts will consist of a Title, Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions. An oral presentation is 15 minutes in length (11 minute talk; 4 minutes question and answer period).
Poster Presentation: Oral and poster abstracts will consist of a Title, Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
Workshop: A workshop is 60 minutes in length and must be highly interactive, lively and informative with 25% audience participation.
Symposium: A presentation of two or three separate talks around a similar theme with time for a discussant. The overall symposium must have an abstract with the symposium Chair listed along with the discussant (if the discussant is different than the chair). Each individual talk within the symposium must have a separate abstract and learning objectives. The symposium Chair should share the title of the Symposium with the individual presenters so that they may put the symposium title in their individual abstract submission.
Clinical Case Presentation: This presentation is dedicated for presentation of informative clinical cases. There should be maximal audience participation, interaction and discussion. The clinical case must be supported with literature and evidence around the teaching and learning points.
There is no additional funding for speakers. All applicants are responsible for their own travel costs to attend the conference and must register for the conference.
* Abstract submissions are due Tuesday March 17th, 2015 by 11:59 pm EDT.
* Abstracts submissions will be accepted using the online submission platform only.
* Once the online submission has been completed, you will receive immediate automated confirmation of receipt of your submission.
* All abstracts will be peer reviewed.
* Please include the title, and three learning objectives and abstract text of no more than 250 words.
* Learning objectives must indicate what the participants will learn from the presentation in terms of knowledge, skills or attitudes.
* In keeping with the principles of Maintenance of Certification (MOC), a minimum of 25% of the presentation time must be allotted for audience discussion and participation.
* The planning committee’s decision regarding your submission will be sent the week of April 27th, 2015.
* All applicants are responsible for their own travel costs to attend the conference, and must register for the conference.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT <http://www.cagp.ca/event-1796381%20>