All RCH MHSU staff and physicians are invited to an education event to be held September 30, 2015. Details below. The topic is ‘Emerging Treatment Options in Schizophrenia’ and the guest speaker is Dr. Andreas Schreiner. The sponsor is Janssen. Lunch will be served.
The new q3 month depot antipsychotic slated for Canadian release in the near future will be discussed.
“OPTIMIZING CARE FOR PATIENT CENTERED OUTCOMES IN SCHIZOPHRENIA: THE ROLE OF NEW EMERGING THERAPIES”
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THIS EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITY, PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss the impact of Schizophrenia on young patients
- Discuss the importance of optimizing treatment early to maximize long term outcomes
- Discuss and compare current treatment paradigms
- Discuss the clinical comparison of currently available treatment options
- Discuss the role for new emerging therapies
- Discuss the evolution of treatment discussions with patients leveraging motivational interviewing and emerging therapies
SPEAKER : ANDREAS SCHREINER, MD
Vice-President, Medical & Scientific Affairs CNS and Pain – Janssen-Cilag, Europe, Middle East and Africa
SCIENTIFIC AGENDA: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2015
12:00 – 13:00: Scientific presentation by Dr. Schreiner
Lunch will be served.
LOCATION: Royal Columbian Hospital Sherbrooke Centre, Lecture Room #1, Main Floor