This message is being sent to all voting members in the Faculty of Medicine on behalf of Dr. Dermot Keller, Dean, Faculty of Medicine.
This is a call for nominations to elect four (4) faculty members to serve on the newly created Student Promotion and Review Board. The Student Promotion and Review Board will replace the Student Promotions Committee Years 1 and 2 and the Student Promotions Committee Year 3 and 4 effective January 1, 2016. You are invited to submit nominations to fill these vacancies. An election by the Faculty’s voting members will be conducted after this call for nominations is complete.
Elected vacancy information is as follows:
· Student Promotion and Review Board (4 year term, from January 1, 2016 to June 30, 2019)
- There are two (2) vacancies for faculty members (basic science) elected by Faculty. The Nominating Committee’s nominees are:
- Majid Doroudi (Cellular and Physiological Sciences)
- Jennifer Shabbits (Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics)
- There are two (2) vacancies for faculty members (clinical) elected by Faculty. The Nominating Committee’s nominees are:
- Donald MacRitchie (Medicine)
- Cary Cuncic (Medicine)
Time Commitment: meets 12 times (@ 2 hours) per year at approximately monthly intervals and at the call of the Chair. The meeting schedule will be announced a minimum of three months before the start of the academic year. In exceptional circumstances, the Chair may call an extraordinary meeting which may, if necessary, be conducted electronically.
To nominate additional faculty members who are eligible for the above vacancies, please complete and return the nomination forms and nominee statements by midnight of Monday, November 30, 2015 to the attention of Patricia Lou, Assistant, Governance and Recognition, by mail/delivery/fax/email to:
Dean’s Office, Faculty of Medicine
317-2194 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3
Fax: (604) 822-6061
- Nomination Form, to be completed and signed by two voting members of the Faculty, as well as by the nominee.
- Nominee’s Statement Form
For an overview of the governance structure of the MD Undergraduate Program, please visit the FoM MD Undergraduate Program Organization Chart on MedNet.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Patricia Lou, Assistant, Governance and Recognition, at email@example.com or (604) 822-0397.
Dermot Kelleher, MD, FRCP, FRCPI, FMedSci
Dean, Faculty of Medicine
University of British Columbia
The Faculty of Medicine is committed to equitable and diverse representation in its students, faculty, staff and administration, as outlined in the Faculty of Medicine’s Strategic Directions and in Valuing Difference: A Strategy for Advancing Equity and Diversity at UBC. Please keep the commitment to equity in mind in the nomination and selection process for new standing committee members.