- The HR office at the Vancouver campus will be closed from Dec. 24, 12:00 p.m., through Jan. 3, 2016. Call the HR Service Centre line to be connected with units’ voicemail, which will be monitored over the break.
- Check out our post about celebrations and holidays at UBC this winter, and learn how you can help support an inclusive and intercultural community in the workplace.
- Check out the Digital Recruitment Marketing Predictions for 2016 from TMP Worldwide (UBC’s preferred recruitment advertising agency).
- The first intake for the 30 Day Online Mindfulness Pilot program starts Feb. 1 – sign up soon to secure your spot!
- MOST will be hosting several workshops in the new year that are well suited for the HR community of practice at UBC. These include:
- Moving from Peer to Leader 1: Practical Tools for First Time Managers and Supervisors (Feb. 10)
- Selection Interviewing (Feb. 26)
- Practical Project Management (March 14-15)
- Navigating Today’s Communication Challenges (April 13)
- UBC staff in the CUPE 116 employee group can now access the CUPE 116 Professional & Skills Development Fund (subject to eligibility).
- Reminder: Coaching@UBC is accepting applications for the 2016 intake for the Coaching Internship Program until Jan. 31, 2016.