We have been advised by UBC HR that the UBC Board of Governors has approved General Wage Increases (GWI) for non-union groups that receive comparable increases to those negotiated in the CUPE 2950 and 116 collective agreements that were ratified earlier this year. For more information, please see the following link to the UBC HR website, http://www.hr.ubc.ca/memos/non-union-staff-general-wage-increase-effective-july-1-2015-dec-15-2015/.
The employee groups affected by this are those in the following salary administration plans:
- Executive Administrative (EXC) – Non-Union Secretarial/Clerical,
- Non-Union Technicians/Research Assistants (TRA), and
- Farm Workers (AGZ).
Staff members in these groups will receive the following GWIs, totalling 5.5%:
- July 1, 2015 1.00%
- July 1, 2016 0.50%
- May 1, 2017 1.00%
- July 1, 2017 0.50%
- May 1, 2018 1.00%
- July 1, 2018 0.50%
- May 1, 2019 1.0%
The new July 1, 2015 rates were implemented in HRMS for monthly and hourly paid employees on December 4, 2015.
Payment Dates and Retroactive Pay
- Eligible employees’ salaries will be updated in HRMS retroactive to July 1, 2015 (or later for those who were hired after July 1, 2015). Staff will notice the increase on their December 15, 2015 paycheque.
- Eligible employees will receive retro payment for the period of July 1, 2015, to November 30, 2015 (or applicable period), on their December 15, 2015, paycheque.
- Eligible employees who are no longer in their role will receive retro pay for the period that they were in the eligible position.
- We anticipate that government funding will be available for ongoing increases, but not for retro payments. The Budget Office will provide additional information as it becomes available.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Mary Liu CHRP
Human Resources Manager
Faculty of Medicine | Department of Psychiatry
The University of British Columbia
2255 Wesbrook Mall | Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 2A1
Email firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone 604 822 7315