Community and Workplace Engagement
- Workplace Conversations: This quarter, we will be focusing on recognition in the workplace, and how we can celebrate the accomplishments of all our colleagues at work!
- You are invited to the UBC Centennial Lunar New Year Festival on Feb. 5. If you want to volunteer, please apply by Jan. 8.
- The next Orientation for staff at UBC’s Vancouver campus is Feb. 18.
Health and Wellbeing
- Does your office have an Ergo Rep? HR offers free training for UBC faculty and staff who want to learn how to assist their colleagues with simple computer workstation set-up and ergonomic prevention tips. Our next training session is Feb. 16.
- We have an update on the amount of funding remaining in our staff PD funds, as well as ideas for professional development conversations in the workplace.
- The Managing@UBC Program has a limited number of spaces for any management and professional staff who have direct reports.
- Coaching@UBC is accepting applications for the 2016 intake for the Coaching Internship Program until Jan. 31, 2016.
- The first intake for the 30 Day Online Mindfulness Pilot program starts Feb. 1 – sign up soon to secure your spot.