Health and Wellbeing
- With Suicide Awareness Day on Jan. 27, we have a collection of mental health resources for the HR community of practice:
- Information on Suicide Awareness Day on Jan. 27;
- A new resource for assisting faculty and staff in distress; and
- A webinar on Jan. 26 on improving workplace relations.
Community and Workplace Engagement
- The 2016 President’s Service Awards for Excellence and the President’s Staff Awards (Vancouver campus) are now open for nominations.
- Workplace Conversations on Recognition:
- We profile a past recipient of the President’s Staff Awards;
- A look at how one unit focuses on recognizing individual accomplishments; and
- You can download a poster to generate recognition opportunities between colleagues.
- The next Staff Hot Lunch is Jan. 27, and will feature Dr. Angela Redish (Provost and VP Academic pro tem) as speaker.
- The UBC Centennial Lunar New Year Festival is Feb. 5. You are invited to decorate wish ribbons for use in the event.
- UBC has been named a Top Employer for Young People in 2016.
- We are seeking mid-career professionals to gather insights into experiences at UBC and identify potential opportunities for enhancing and improving these experiences.