This is a reminder that the nomination deadline for representation on a number of Faculty of Medicine standing committees is Monday, May 2, 2016. Please see the message below for additional information.
This message is being sent to all voting members in the Faculty of Medicine on behalf of Dr. Dermot Kelleher.
You are invited to submit nominations to fill upcoming vacancies on a number of the Faculty’s major standing committees. As required, an election by the Faculty’s voting members will be conducted in the late spring, after this call for nominations is complete.
The following FoM standing committees will have vacancies as of July 1, 2016:
- Clinical Faculty Appointment and Promotion Appeals Committee (3 year term)
Vacancy for two (2) clinical professors elected by Faculty. The Nominating Committee’s nominees are:
- Patricia Boston (Family Practice)
- Romayne E. Gallagher (Family Practice)
Vacancy for two (2) senior faculty members (professors with tenure), representing scientists elected by Faculty. The Nominating Committee’s nominees are:
· Dr. Marcel B. Bally (Pathology & Laboratory Medicine) · Dr. Lara Boyd (Physical Therapy) · Dr. Oscar Casiro (Pediatrics) · Dr. Bruce Verchere (Surgery)
- Faculty Executive (3 year term)
Vacancy for two (2) faculty members elected by Faculty. The Nominating Committee’s nominees are:
- Laura Arbour (Medical Genetics)
- Michelle Butler (Family Practice)
- Alice Mui (Surgery)
4) Faculty Professional Development Committee (3 year term) Vacancy for one full-time faculty (scientist) elected by Clinical Faculty. The Nominating Committee’s nominee is: · Dr. Carol Ann Courneya (Cellular & Physiological Sciences ) 5) Nominating Committee (3 year term) Vacancy for two (2) faculty representatives (1 clinician/1 scientist) elected by Faculty. The Nominating Committee does not arrange nominees for this committee.
To nominate additional faculty members who are eligible for the above vacancies, please complete and return the nomination forms and nominee statements by midnight of Monday, May 2, 2016 to the attention of Patricia Lou, Assistant, Governance and Recognition, by mail/delivery/fax/email to:
Dean’s Office, Faculty of Medicine
317-2194 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3
Fax: 604 822-6061
- Nomination Form, to be completed and signed by two voting members of the Faculty, as well as by the nominee.
- Nominee’s Statement Form.
- Current membership and time commitment of standing committee with vacancies.
For an overview of the governance structure of the MD Undergraduate Program, please visit the FoM MD Undergraduate Program Organization Chart on MedNet.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Patricia Lou, Assistant, Governance and Recognition, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 822-0397.
Dermot Kelleher, MD, FRCP, FRCPI, FMedSci
Dean, Faculty of Medicine
The University of British Columbia
The Faculty of Medicine is committed to equitable and diverse representation in its students, faculty, staff and administration, as outlined in the Faculty of Medicine’s Strategic Directions and in Valuing Difference: A Strategy for Advancing Equity and Diversity at UBC. Please keep the commitment to equity in mind in the nomination and selection process for new standing committee members.