A repaving project is scheduled to occur next month in your area of campus and due to this, we want to reach out to you in advance of the planned work. This paving is a continuation of the ADES work that could not be completed within the agreed noise window last fall.
Attached is the full map of the planned work around campus.
- On Health Sciences Mall between Agronomy & Thunderbird (District Energy Centre, TEF 3, LSC, Donald Rix, Gerald McGavin)
- On Health Sciences Mall in front of the entrance to Health Sciences Parkade (Purdy, Chem Bio)
- On Lower Mall (First Nations, Place Vanier Residence and Ponderosa)
- On Sauder Lane (David Lam, Klinck, Math)
- On West Mall between Stores Rd and University Blvd (Kenny, Continuing Studies, Ponderosa)
- On West Mall at Stores Road (USB, CIRS and Horticulture)
- On the corner of West Mall and Agronomy Road (Ritsumeikan House, Orchard Commons, UNA)
- By the Trolley Bus Terminal between Strangway, Friedman and Copp
The work is scheduled to begin on July 4th and complete by the end of July. The work will not be continuous but intermittent, based on weather and activities around campus. Schedule updates will be issued as required.
During the paving, the roads in the locations above will be closed half a day for grinding, another half day for paving and a short closure for line painting. You can expect some local noise, vibration and odor during both the grinding and paving.
We understand that work of this nature is disruptive and want to work closely with you to minimize the impacts to you and your building occupants. Please contact Associate Director of Project Services, Mike Champion (604-822-0175) or your Facility Manager if you need any further information.