Human Resources & Administration
- The Faculty Pension Plan Forum is May 10, 2017.
- The UBC Faculty Pension Plan’s annual report, 2016 Year in Review, is now available online.
Learning & Career Development
- April 1, 2017, is the start of the new funding year for UBC professional development funds for staff. There have been changes to the maximum claim amounts for some groups.
- Check out this week’s installment in the Learning with Lynda.com series: Leading with Compassion – Insights from Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn.
- The UBC Community United Way Campaign is seeking two employees for secondment as United Way Campaign Associates.
- We have a number of upcoming professional development and wellbeing workshops that may be of interest for those in the HR community of practice.
- We have several free ergonomics training sessions this spring and summer at the Vancouver campus, including a new workshop on Sit-Stand Desks & Platforms.
Community & Engagement
· The next two Staff Hot Lunch sessions will be April 26 (Jeff Todd, Executive Director, alumni UBC and Associate Vice President, Alumni) and May 31 (Darran Fernandez, Board of Governors, Staff Representative