The Faculty of Medicine has launched its CRC Tier 1 Pediatric Precision Health Internal Competition.
|June 26, 2017||FoM internal CRC Tier 1 Pediatric Precision Health competition launch|
|August 14, 2017 09:00h PDT||FoM competition deadline|
|Fall 2017 CRC Submission|
|August 25, 2017||FoM and UBC Full Application institutional review deadline|
|October 24, 2017||National CRC deadline|
|Spring 2018 CRC Submission|
|End of February 2018||FoM and UBC Full Application institutional review deadline|
|April 23, 2018||National CRC deadline|
With the launch of the 2016-2021 strategic plan, the Faculty of Medicine is looking to looking to nominate one Faculty member for a Tier 1 CRC chair in the area of Life Course and Aging with an emphasis on Pediatric Precision Health with the following goals in mind:
- Goal 1: Continue as a world leading research institution using that recognition to address challenges in the area of Pediatric Life Course nationally, and internationally;
- Goal 2: Establish pre-eminence in the area of Child Health Transitioning to Adulthood;
- Goal 3: Encourage innovation and initiatives in new frontiers of research;
- Goal 4: Advance research that fosters innovation, creates knowledge, and translates discoveries to improve health practices, policies and outcomes; and
- Goal 5: Balance leadership across all Research Priorities, platforms and themes.
A candidate is required for this competition. This nomination is expected to go forward in either the Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 national CRC competition round dependent on the preferred timing for the successful candidate. For additional information, please visit on our website at https://mednet.med.ubc.ca/Research/FundingOpportunities/Pages/Canada-Research-Chair-Tier-1.aspx.
If you have questions regarding the upcoming competition, please contact Juzer Kakal, Strategic Programs Officer.