**********Sent on Behalf of Dr. William Honer ********
Division Head UBC Geriatric Psychiatry Program Request for Expressions of Interest
Dr. Michael Wilkins-Ho has advised that he will be stepping down as the Division Head for the UBC Geriatric Psychiatry Program at the end of September 2017.
Dr. Wilkins-Ho has been a very strong leader and advocate for Physicians and the Geriatric patient population. The Department would like to thank Michael for all his contributions to both the Department of Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry in this role.
The following is a summary of what Dr. Wilkens-Ho provided in this role:
- Provided leadership in the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry
- Ensure mentorship and promote research activities of junior faculty within the Division
- Liaise with other Program and Division Directors in the Department and with Department Undergraduate and Postgraduate training programs on program-specific knowledge
- Liaise with other Department partners as appropriate, both internal and external to UBC, in meeting the goals of the Division and Department
- Participated as a representative for Geriatric Psychiatry on the Department Advisory Committee and in other appropriate Department committees and meetings
- Provide reports on Division activities
- Facilitate communications between the Department Head and Department members by sharing information with those affiliated with the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry and promoting Department activities (workshops, retreats, meetings etc.)
This is an unpaid administrative appointment that reports to the Department Head. If you are interested in exploring the opportunity to fill the role of Division Head for the UBC Geriatric Psychiatry Program, I would be happy to meet with you and discuss this in more detail.
William G. Honer, MD, FRCPC, FCAHS
Jack Bell Chair in Schizophrenia
Professor and Head, Department of Psychiatry
University of British Columbia
2255 Wesbrook Mall,