BrainTalks UBC New Event
How to Prevent Burnout?
April 24, 2018 at 6 pm
Paetzhold Lecture Hall, Vancouver General Hospital
Over 50% of professionals are burned out. What is Burnout? How do you prevent it?
Living vibrantly as busy professionals is a challenge. By understanding brain science, wellness science, current trends, the professional environment, and new techniques for healthy living, you can crack the code to a brilliant life.
This April we have the pleasure of welcoming Dr. Marlon Danilewitz. Dr. Danilewitz has been involved in health care professional wellness and health both as a wellness officer and a researcher. His presentation includes beautiful visuals summarizing the current challenges facing health care professionals. Dr. Maia Love will also speak to burnout, burnout prevention, and new scientific discoveries that can be used to recharge, and re-connect. As a wellness and health professional, she will speak both to the Physician Health initiatives currently proposed by the CMA, as well as general approaches to mind clarity and work-life balance for professionals. There will be a panel discussion at the end.
Key topics covered will include:
- current general professional demands
- potential costs to performance, wellness, and health
- the neuroscience of stress and resilience
- approaches to increase energy and clarity: evidence-based
- current health care professional demands: evidence-based
- benefits of mindfulness and changes to lifestyle: diet, exercise, relationships and the science related to the benefits of shifts in daily way of life
Please RSVP as space is limited. Although the lecture hall seats 200 people, we have sold out numerous times before.