May 1st – Departmental nominations submitted to the CIP office
May 30th – CIP Committee review and selection
July 2nd – Submission of winner to the CSCI Head office
- This is an annual manuscript competition. Only published or in press/accepted manuscripts (review articles are not acceptable) will be considered in this competition. Only one (1) nomination per department will be considered.
- The Department nomination must include a narrative assessment of the applicant’s publication, outlining its strengths and weaknesses. If the manuscript is in press or accepted, a letter or email of acceptance must be included in the nomination package.
- Current CIP fellows must submit their applications through their respective departments and will be considered with other residents and/or fellows in their respective departments.
May 1st at 4:00 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the deadline falls on a weekend, nominations must be received no later than 4:00 PM on the next business day.
The Clinician Investigator Program Faculty Committee with the UBC CSCI representative will review all applications and select a winner.
2) Complimentary CSCI membership for two years
3) A certificate signed by the CIHR and CSCI presidents
Presentation of the Award
The award is presented to the winner by a CSCI member of the faculty. The winner is expected to make a short presentation on some aspect of clinical research. The presentation could be part of an existing division/department teaching activity e.g. Grand Rounds.