This is to inform you that all UBC Department of Psychiatry mailboxes will be migrated to a new FASmail server environment next week.
WHEN WILL I BE MIGRATED?
Your mailbox will be migrated on the following date:
- Tuesday, July 16 starting at 9:00pm
DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING TO PREPARE?
- No preparation is required. However if you get a chance, please empty your Deleted Items folder to speed up the migration.
- You will be able to access and use your mailbox while the migration is underway.
- There may be a brief pause in your email client when the mailbox cuts over to the new environment when the migration is complete.
- If Microsoft Outlook is open, you may be prompted to restart the application once the migration is complete.
- No changes are required for your phone’s mail app, Outlook, Thunderbird, or Mac Mail.
ONCE MIGRATED, WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- You will have access to a much improved Webmail experience with a new interface at https://www.mail.ubc.ca
- Your email client’s functionality will appear the same for the most part. Most of the improvements are behind the scenes.
- On the off chance that you encounter problems accessing your mailbox after the migration, please try restarting your application or device before contacting the IT Service Centre.
- Mailbox sizes will be defaulted to 8GB instead of 5GB, with a mailbox warning at 7.5GB.
- Once migrated, you can upload a photo in the new webmail interface and use it in Skype for Business.
After logging in to https://www.mail.ubc.ca, click on the silhouette icon in the top right and click “Change” to upload a new photo.
You can then go into Skype for Business > Settings > My Picture and click “Show my picture” to use it.
More information is available on the UBC IT FASmail Upgrade project site at https://it.ubc.ca/projects/fasmail-upgrade
Computer and Communications Systems Manager
Medicine | Psychiatry IT
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
2255 Wesbrook Mall | Vancouver BC | V6T 2A1 Canada
Psychiatry IT Phone 604 827 5695