**Sent on Behalf of Dr. Irfan Khanbhai, Interim Program Director**
Psychiatry: What you need to know for the coming year – Part 1
The Royal College has set July 2, 2020 for all the Psychiatry Specialty training programs across the country to launch the new curriculum Competence By Design (CBD). In preparation for this, please join us for a webinar to help you learn the foundational aspect of CBD for the coming year. This will be a two-part series, with the second follow-up session delivered two to three months after launch.
This webinar is for all faculty, particularly those who will be supervising the incoming PGY1 residents. The details of each workshop are described below, as is the link to the registration form. Please note the sessions are eligible for MOC Section 1 credits, and you will receive a certificate for your participation.
Competence By Design (CBD) – Psychiatry: What you need to know for the coming year – Part 1
- Irfan Khanbhai, FRCPC, Acting Program Director and CBD Faculty Lead, Postgraduate Education Program, UBC Department of Psychiatry
- Elaine Molloy, Systems Support / Data Analyst, UBC Postgraduate Medical Education
During this session you will learn about:
- The principles of Competency Based Medical Education (CBME) and its relevance to residency education
- The final Competence by Design (CBD) framework for Psychiatry, including the final Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs), Milestones, and Competencies
- The features of an Entrustable Professional Activity (EPA), including assessment plan, demographics, observation of achievements and required form completion
- The administrative structure of Competence by Design (CBD), including the role of the Competence Committee and Academic Advisors
- How to set your PIN, complete an assessment and review a previously completed assessment in Entrada
- Presentation: Introduction to CBD (60 minutes) – Dr. Irfan Khanbhai
- Presentation & Demonstration: Introduction to Entrada (30 minutes) – Elaine Molloy
- Question & Answer Period (30 minutes) – Dr. Irfan Khanbhai
Note this session will be run without breaks.
Part 1 – Delivery Dates & Times:
- Monday, June 1, 2020, 4:30-6:30pm (COMPLETED)
- Monday, June 8, 2020, 5:00-7:00pm (COMPLETED)
- Monday, June 15, 2020, 4:30-6:30pm
Please note that participants are only required to attend one session.
Location: Virtual delivery, connection details to be sent with registration confirmation
Please note that the session will also be recorded for those who are unable to attend. Please complete a registration form to be contacted with a link to the recording.
Registration Form: https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bq1dGWQCT5rhoC9
Competence By Design (CBD) – Psychiatry: What you need to know for the coming year – Part 2
For your reference, Part 2 is a 1-hour session and will cover the items below; session dates/times TBC.
- Clarify and review your understanding of Competence by Design (CBD) and your role in supervising residents in CBD
- Reflect on your experience supervising residents in CBD
- Identify areas where you can continue to modify your supervisory approach to be in line with accreditation requirements for Competence by Design
- Provide feedback on areas for improvement and suggestions for additional training as needed, and increase awareness of the various ways future feedback and suggestions can be provided
Please let me know if you have questions and thank you in advance for your support as we transition to this new model of education.
Dr. Irfan Khanbhai, FRCPC
Acting Program Director, Psychiatry Postgraduate Education Program
Competence By Design (CBD) Faculty Lead, Psychiatry Postgraduate Education Program
Chair and Member of the Scientific Planning Committee
UBC Department of Psychiatry