As the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) has announced the results of its Spring 2022 project grant competition, we would like to congratulate the following UBC Psychiatry faculty members who were awarded project grants for their respective projects:
- Dr. Todd Woodward & Dr. Mahesh Menon (Co-PIs: Michael W. Best, Christopher Bowie, Faye Doell, George Foussias, Michael Grossman, Sean Kidd, Wei Wang): Efficacy of Combined Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Cognitive Remediation Therapy for Schizophrenia-Spectrum Disorders: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Dr. Todd Woodward & Dr. Mahesh Menon (Co-PIs: Martin Lepage, Synthia Guimond): From episodic memory to functioning in schizophrenia and related psychoses: A neurocognitive model
- Dr. Ann Marie Craig: Targeting synaptic organizers in neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr. Paul Pavlidis (Co-PI: Daniel Goldowitz): Pax6 regulation of glutamatergic lineages in cerebellar development
- Dr. William Panenka(Co-PIs: Thalia Field, Allen Thornton, Cheryl Wellington): Traumatic brain injury and cerebral small vessel disease in a vulnerably housed cohort, a prelude to early neurodegeneration and dementia
- Dr. Tonia Nicholls & Dr. Christian Schütz (Co-PI: Amanda Slaunwhite): An evaluation of the health, criminal justice, and service use outcomes of the Ministry of Health assuming responsibility for prison health care services in BC (PRISM-BC)
They are among UBC researchers leading 47 projects that have been awarded a total $38.3 million in funding in this CIHR competition!