If you are interested in applying for a clinical faculty appointment in the Department of Psychiatry, please submit your complete application package electronically to Amity Chiang, Assistant HR Manager, at email@example.com or by fax to 604-822-7756.
Initial Clinical Faculty Appointment Application for Clinical Instructor must include:
2. A letter of intent indicating how you plan to participate in the Department’s education program, and identifying your area of specialization or expertise. ***For applicants referred by a Health Authority, a letter of support from the UBC Regional Associate Dean is acceptable instead.
Clinical Instructor applications are accepted year round, with a processing period of approximately 1-2 weeks. Initial appointments are usually for a three-year term, with the possibility of reappointment.
Initial Clinical Faculty Appointment Application for Higher Ranks must include:
2. A letter of intent indicating how you have met the criteria for the rank sought:
- Criteria for Clinical Assistant Professor rank
- Criteria for Clinical Associate Professor rank
- Criteria for Clinical Professor rank
3. A Support Form completed by a Medical Director, Hospital Head, or UBC Program Director in your specialty for the rank sought:
- Support Form for Clinical Assistant Professor rank (Word or PDF format)
- Support Form for Clinical Associate Professor (Word or PDF format)
- Support Form for Appointment to Clinical Professor (Word or PDF format)
4. Your current CV (preferably in UBC Format but not required)
5. Your current teaching dossier, or recent teaching evaluations and/or other evidence of teaching excellence
Application packages for the higher ranks are accepted year round, however since they require formal review by the departmental Clinical Faculty Appointment and Promotion Committee (CFAPC), review and processing timelines may vary. Initial appointments at the higher ranks are usually for a three- to ten-year term, with the possibility of reappointment. A formal CFAPC review is required for the first reappointment of all higher-rank appointees.
Applicants from Distributed Sites
If you are applying from a distributed site (VIHA, Northern Health Authority, Interior Health Authority), the respective contact persons are listed below. They will be able to assist you with your application package and will forward it to our office on your behalf:
- Island Medical Program: Niobe Getty, Clinical Faculty Appointments Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Medical Program: Amber Rushton, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com
- Southern Medical Program: Shonna Malczewski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Canadians seeking a UBC Clinical Faculty Appointment
At this time, only individuals who hold an open work permit, a work permit that includes a UBC appointment, or have permanent resident status are eligible to hold a UBC clinical faculty appointment. Those who hold a work permit naming solely the Health Authority as their employer are not eligible to teach for or be compensated by UBC.