Through an integrated program of clinical placements and academic seminars, the UBC Psychiatry Residency Program is designed to achieve the goals of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the University of British Columbia.
The Department of Psychiatry currently offers training throughout its distributed residency programs. The following positions are available through CaRMS:
- Vancouver Program (12 positions, including 2 IMG positions and 2 Research positions)
- Fraser Health Greater Vancouver Program (7 positions)
- Vancouver Island Program (3 positions)
- Prince George Program (2 positions)
All programs are administered through the UBC Department of Psychiatry. The standards and training requirements are uniform across all distributed sites.
- There are opportunities to pursue interprovincial or international electives
- Opportunity and funding for two trips to rural communities in BC to provide Outreach care (PGY2-5)
- Fellowships available in Neuropsychiatry, Reproductive Mental Health, Schizophrenia and Mood Disorders
- Subspecialty programs in Child, Geriatric, and Forensic Psychiatry
Accreditation Status – RCPSC
Accredited program with the next regular survey by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in 2020.