Please see below for your information and distribution.
In this week’s issue:
· Process for the UBC-wide CRC competition
· ‘Best Practices’ for the preparation of CRC Tier 2 Justifications
· The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) – Call for Proposals
· The McLaughlin-Rotman Centre for Global Health – Summer Student Program
· Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) – Open Operating Grant Program
Please find attached the process for the UBC-wide CRC competition. The deadline for this initial Faculty of Medicine LOI is Friday, January 20, 2012 noon, Electronic submissions should be sent to Johanna Petrakis (Johanna.email@example.com)
Please find attached a copy of the ‘Best Practices’ for the preparation of CRC Tier 2 Justifications.
Deadline: January 25, 2012
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) has issued a call for proposals under its Contributions Program 2012-13. Established in 2004, the Contributions Program promotes the advancement of privacy knowledge in Canada by providing funding for independent privacy research and related knowledge translation initiatives in Canada under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Successful proposals can be awarded up to $50,000 for any single project and a maximum of $100,000 can be awarded per organization.
For further information, please contact:
Manager, Contributions Program
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
The McLaughlin-Rotman Centre for Global Health – Summer Student Program
Deadline: January 30, 2012
The McLaughlin-Rotman Centre for Global Health’s Summer Student Program offers students a unique opportunity to engage in meaningful, real-life work in the field of global health. They are looking for passionate and driven individuals to engage with one of their exciting opportunities: Grand Challenges Canada, Social Media or the Ethical, Social, Cultural and Commercial Program.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) – Open Operating Grant Program
Registration Deadline: February 1, 2012
Application Deadline: March 1, 2012
The CIHR Open Operating Grant Program (OOGP) provides operating funds to support research proposals in all areas of health research including randomized controlled trials.
The OOGP is the largest of the open calls for proposals within CIHR’s programming. Through the OOGP, CIHR aims to fund the best ideas in Canadian health research today.
The OOGP is flexible, in that there are:
· No specific requirements in relation to team size or team composition; nonetheless, the role of each applicant must be clearly identified;
· No specific requirements or restrictions on the specific research activities to be undertaken;
· No maximum or minimum with respect to the term of funding. No minimum dollar value, however due to budget restrictions with the large grant envelope (see below), no individual grant application exceeding a total cost of $12.5M will be accepted.
For more information please follow the link.
Faculty of Medicine, Dean’s Office
317-2194 Health Sciences Mall
Tel. (604) 822-8633
Fax. (604) 822-6061