THE LINK – JANUARY 2012: Here are just some of the news and events of interest this month. For a complete list, visit The Link online at: www.med.ubc.ca/faculty_staff/The_Link_Monthly_Bulletin.htm.
– Academic appointment announcements
– Leadership opportunities available
– Canada Research Chairs UBC-wide competition
– Canada Research Chairs Faculty of Medicine internal competition
– CIHR Open Operating Grant Program
– New Ministry of Health data application process
– Winners of the UBC CPD/CME Residential Educational Research Grants
January 17: NSERC Strategic Project Grants Information Session (Registration required)
SAVE THE DATE
March 16 – 17: Inaugural BC Forum Global Health Conference
– Gene links rare and unrelated cancers
– Gene discovered for Weaver syndrome
– Majority of B.C. women take prescription drugs during pregnancy: UBC study
– Providence Health Care Department of Psychiatry dedicates teaching award to the late Dr. Kristin Sivertz
– Dr. Jack Taunton inducted into the BC Athletics Hall of Fame
– Three members of the Faculty of Medicine receive 2011 UBC Alumni Achievement Awards
– Canada Research Chairs UBC-wide competition: Letter of Intent (LOI) Internal Deadline January 20
– Canada Research Chairs Faculty of Medicine internal competition: Deadline February 10
The awards (for both faculty and staff) recognize exemplary and distinguished activities/service to the UBC Faculty of Medicine. The deadlines range from February 3, 2012 to March 9, 2012. Please see the website for full details of each award and nomination forms.
Please see the specific distribution required below:
– Department, School & Centre Administrators/Assistants/Communicators: This message has been sent directly to all faculty and staff members and the MD undergraduate student listserv. Please forward this message to health professional students and trainees in your units.
– MD Postgraduate Education office: Please forward this message to residents.
– Research secretary, Faculty of Medicine Dean’s Office: Please forward to contact for all postdoctoral and graduate students.
Faculty of Medicine | Dean’s Office
The University of British Columbia
#317 – 2194 Health Sciences Mall | Vancouver, BC | V6T 1Z3
(T) 604.822.2421 | (F) 604.822.6061 | med.ubc.ca