Research and Interests
Cognitive and neural correlates of delusions and hallucinations. Psychotherapy for psychosis and severe mental illness
Dr. Menon completed his Ph.D. in Psychology at the University of Cambridge, UK. He completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Toronto/ Centre for Addiction & Mental Health and stayed on as a Clinician Scientist there prior to his move to UBC. He is currently a Psychologist with Vancouver Coastal Health, and based at the BC Psychosis Program and the Mood Disorders Program at UBC Hospital.
Dr. Menon is Co-PI in the Cognitive Neuroscience of Schizophrenia (CNos) Lab, along with his longtime collaborator, Prof. Todd Woodward.
- Menon M, Balzan RP, Harper K, Kumar D, Andersen D, Moritz S. Woodward TS (In press). Psychosocial approaches in the treatment of psychosis: Cognitive behaviour therapy for psychosis (CBTp) and metacognitive training (MCT). Clinical Schizophrenia and Related Psychoses.
- Lariviere S*, Woodward TS, Lavigne K, Graff-Guerrero A, Gerretsen P, Menon M. (2017). Altered functional connectivity in brain networks underlying self-referential processing in delusions of reference in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, 263, 32-43.
- Lavigne K, Menon M, Woodward TS. (2016). Impairment in subcortical suppression in schizophrenia: Evidence from the fBIRN oddball task. Human Brain Mapping. 37(12), 4640-4653
- Moritz S, Veckenstedt R, Bohn F, Hottenrott B, Andreou C, Leighton L, Kother U, Woodward TS, Treszl A, Menon M, Viertel B, Pfueller U, Roesch-Ely D. (2014). Delayed and “sleeper” effects of metacognitive group training (MCT) in schizophrenia. A three year follow up investigation. JAMA Psychiatry (formerly Archives of General Psychiatry). 71, 1103-1111.
- Menon M, Addington J, Remington G. (2013). Cognitive biases in patients with delusions of reference. European Psychiatry 28, 71-73.
- Menon M, Quilty L, Zawadzki J, Woodward TS, Sokolowski HM, Boon HS, Wong AH. (2013). The role of cognitive biases and personality variables in subclinical delusional ideation. Cognitive Neuropsychiatry. 18, 208-218.
- Menon M, Anderson A, Schmitz T, Graff A, Korostil M, Mamo D, Addington J, Gerretsen P, Remington G, Kapur S. (2011). Exploring the neural correlates of delusions of reference: an fMRI study. Biological Psychiatry, 70 (12), 1127-1133.